Shalhevet - Tchiya Pass, 10 months -
murdered in her stroller.
On Monday, March 26, 2001 a Palestinian sniper aimed his rifle and opened fire at 10-month old Shalhevet Pass in Hebron, while she was lying in her stroller. Shalhevet was killed by a bullet to the head.

In the afternoon,Yitzhak and Orya Pass took a walk with their daughter Shalhevet from their home in the Beit Hadassah neighborhood to the Avraham Avinu neighborhood where Oryas parents lived. They heard shots when they reached the entrance to the Avraham Avinu neighborhood. Yitzhak fell. Orya grabbed Shalhevet in her arms and hid behind a wall, then she saw the blood. She screamed: The baby has been shot in the head! Two doctors tried to resuscitate Shalhevet, but failed. She died of the gunshot wound to her head.

An investigation conducted at the site revealed that two Palestinian snipers, situated on the Abu Sneinah hills overlooking the Avraham Avinu neighborhood, shot Shalhevet. One of the bullets penetrated the babys skull,passing through it and then hitting her fathers leg.

The investigation revealed that it was clear the snipers aimed directly at the babys head.


Kobi Mandel, 13, and Yosef Ishran, 14
Kobi and Yosef were brutally murdered, their heads smashed with rocks at the entrance to a cave.

On Monday, May 7, 2001,Kobi and Yosef decided to skip school the next day and hike in an area near their community of Tekoa. Their final destination was the Haritoun cave in the Judean Desert. In the morning, they let a few friends in on their plans. They took food and water with them and set out on their adventure.
By late evening, when the boys did not return home, their parents began to worry. Then they heard from their sons friends for the first time that the boys had gone on a hike to the cave.
Soon afterwards, an army unit in the area found the bodies. The identification process was horrible. It was simply impossible to identify the childrens faces. The heads of the two boys had been completely smashed, said one of those present at the time.

Security sources believe the two boys went down to the wadi near Tekoa, where they encountered their murderers. Sensing the danger, they ran for cover in the Haritoun cave. The murderers, apparently two adults, showed no mercy. They killed one of the boys, battering him on the head with rocks. The other boy was similarly killed inside the cave, just a few meters away.


Yehuda Shoham, 5 months
Yehuda Shoham, five months old, from the community of Shilo, died on June 11, 2000, of wounds he sustained a week earlier when a Palestinian hurled a rock at the family car, in which he sat with his father Benny and mother Bat-Sheva, near Shilo. The father eulogized his baby son: "Pure soul. All he did was laugh and smile at everyone. A babe who harmed no one."

1 2 3 4 5  6 7 8  9 10 11  12 13 14  15